Delivery and Quality Assurance Engineers
We are a UK based, full fibre provider that is rolling out a new 1 gigabit per second broadband network to homes and businesses across the UK.
With an average broadband speed of 64mbps, the UK is ranked amongst the lowest in Europe for its poor internet connectivity. Over the next 5 years, the UK government has set a target to connect a further 20 million homes to full fibre broadband.
We are a start-up team of innovative, agile, and driven individuals, looking to scale-up and achieve our ambitious plan to connect a million homes in the UK to our gigabit network.
We have rolled out fibre to 30,000 homes in the UK in its first 10 months, making us one of the fastest growing Altnets in the UK.
What sets us apart? You do, we do, each one of us has a voice and collectively contribute to building brsk. If you are wanting to work somewhere you can have a real impact and believe you can innovate in a fast paced environment , then this may be the role for you.
This is an exciting role for someone looking to join a small delivery team of likeminded people to build a large-scale fibre to the home business. Reporting to the Regional Delivery Manager, your key purpose will be to ensure our build partners are delivering in line with the budget homes passed as well as conforming to the various legislations. There is room for growth and development in this role in line with the start-up’s ambitious growth strategy.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Being the face of brsk and ensuring all aspects of the delivery are to the highest standard
- Managing multiple projects and multiple build partners, providing the coaching and support to deliver on time and to the quality required
- Deliver works on time, mitigating risks to budgets or project change by suggesting and implementing recovery plans
- Update the wider business on daily and weekly outputs of the build
- Liaise with the public and other 3rd parties such as private landlords and the highways
- Find solutions to blockers, proactively suggesting alternatives with cost in mind
- Auditing and ensuring any defects are picked up prior to escalations
- Ensure Health and Safety requirements are met and be confident enough to challenge where required
- Understand the weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual homes passed targets and deliver against these numbers consistently
Key Skills Required
- Self-starter who has the ability to influence change positively
- Be flexible and prepared to assist across the business as required within a start up company
- Ability to deal with change in a fast-paced environment
- Independent worker who enjoys autonomy with ability to work remotely
- Team player and willing to get stuck in
- Eye for detail and cares about brand look and feel
- Strong written communication skills
- Action orientated towards getting things done
- Large scale FttH delivery
- Management of 3rd Party Contractors
- Liaison with 3rd parties such as the highways departments
- Good understanding of CDM 2015 Regulations
- Understanding of RAMS and CPHSP
- Strong understanding of NRSWA
- Splicing including testing OTDR & ILM
- Fully conversant with the PIA product and requirements
- We have roles in both West Yorkshire and Lancashire but regions may change based on the business requirements
- No office location so frequent travel between site, home and any other business locations around the UK
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £40,000.00 per yea