Installations Quality Assurance Engineer
We are a UK-based, full fibre provider that is rolling out a new 1 gigabit per second broadband network to homes and businesses across the UK.
With an average broadband speed of 64mbps, the UK is ranked amongst the lowest in Europe for its subpar internet connectivity. Over the next 5 years, the UK government has set a target to connect a further 20 million homes to full fibre broadband.
We are a start-up team of innovative, agile and driven individuals, looking to scale-up and achieve our ambitious plan to connect a million homes in the UK to our gigabit network.
This is an exciting role for someone looking to join our growing installations team to assist Brsk in building a large-scale fibre to the home (FTTH) business. Reporting to the Head of Installations, the main outcome of this role is to support our installation contractors by ensuring our contractor teams are installing to the desired Brsk specifications and quality outcomes. There is room for growth and development in this role in line with our ambitious growth strategy.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Representing Brsk on site, ensuring all aspects of the installation delivery are to the highest standard.
- Managing our primary installation partners, providing coaching and support to their supervisory teams to deliver on time and to the quality required
- Provide feedback to the Head of Installations regarding quality improvements to our installation methodologies
- Update the wider business on daily and weekly outputs of progress as required - Be customer facing, dealing with escalations as they arise, ensuring the Brsk brand is upheld to the highest standard at all times
- Find solutions to challenges raised on site, being in communication with our build quality engineers.
- Ensure Health and Safety requirements are met and be confident enough to challenge where required
- Understand the weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual homes connected targets and deliver against these numbers consistently
Key Skills Required
- Self-starter who has the ability to influence change positively
- Be flexible and prepared to assist across the business as required within a start up company
- Ability to deal with change in a fast-paced environment
- Independent worker who enjoys autonomy
- Team player and willing to get stuck in
- Eye for detail and cares about brand look and feel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Action orientated towards getting things done
- Minimum 5 years Installation engineer experience
- 2+ years supervisory experience
- Management of 3rd Party Contractors
- PIA accreditation or in depth knowledge of the product
- Strong understanding of NRSWA
- Splicing and troubleshooting experience
Your role will require you to be site based, and we are looking for QAEs in the Manchester and Burnley regions may change based on the business requirements)
No office location so frequent travel between site, home and any other business locations around the UK
Salary: Up to £32,000.00 per year